Named for Alderman Henry Elston Almond, Almond Park exudes a feeling of tranquility. The park offers a fantastic display of flowering shrubs and magnificent old trees. An upper pathway winds through a shady grove, leading to the popular playground area.
Opened on February 23rd, 1928, the park was originally called Dunbar Park and was constructed for the sum of $15,200. Following the amalgamation of Vancouver, the park’s name was changed to Almond in recognition of Alderman Almond’s efforts in securing the area for public park.