With rolling hills covered in a lovely collection of coniferous and deciduous trees, George Park is a particularly pleasant place to stroll. The picnic shelter is a popular gathering place for people in the neighbourhood.
This park was originally known as Riverview Park when it was a part of the municipality of South Vancouver before amalgamation in 1929. The name was changed after 1929 because the Point Grey municipality already had a Riverview Park.
The name George Park is an abbreviated form of the park’s bounding street of St. George.