This park was upgraded with a number of popular features in mid 2011. A new zip line replaces an old one and an accessible perimeter walking and jogging trail is dotted with circuit training stations. This is one of our first park upgrades to include outdoor fitness equipment and has proven to be extremely popular with the neighbourhood's residents. Park improvements also include an expanded playground, patio spaces, tee-ball, seating, picnicking areas and pathways. Additional flower and shrub plantings have greatly increased the community's use and enjoyment of this lovely tree lined neighbourhood park.
This park was acquired in 1952 from the Central Housing and Mortgage Corporation (CMHC), the developers of the post-war housing subdivision in the area. By July 1952 work was started on landscape construction and much needed playground facilities.
In September 1956 the Park Board officially named the site Fraserview Park.