Like its neighbouring parks lining English Bay, Locarno Beach Park offers lovely sand beaches that are enjoyed by many. The park also includes a picnic area surrounded by beautifully textured cedars, woodland areas, and an open playing field.
Before the European settlers arrived, this site was home to a First Nations Village called Eyalmu, roughly translating to "good camping ground." Spanish explorer Narvaez noted it in his journals in 1791. It was named in 1925 by the Municipality of Point Grey after having been purchased from the Provincial Government. The name comes from the Locarno Pact, an agreement which outlawed war signed in Locarno, Switzerland in 1925.