Pandora’s terraces create several spaces, including open grass fields, shaded walks and playground, and tennis courts. Old stone walls and stately trees surround the park.
The park was named on February 11, 1914 after its bounding street. The street was named for HMS Pandora which was lost in the south sea while seeking the mutineers of the HMS Bounty. Two buildings once stood on the park: the Women’s Rescue House and the King’s Daughters’ Convalescent Home, which later was equipped and renovated by the Lions Club for the blind. The CNIB vacated the park in June 1950.