Adanac provides opportunities for active sport, children’s play, and relaxation. Glimpses of the south Vancouver and Burnaby skyline can be caught between the stately sequoia trees that divide the upper and lower playing fields; benches under the willow trees make for a great spot to daydream or watch football practice.
The park was officially opened and named on December 23rd, 1957. Adanac, Canada spelled backward, was chosen for the new park’s moniker as it was a bounding street. Originally smaller in size, the park was enlarged in 1962 when a piece of property known as Taylor Manor, which had reverted back to the City, was granted to the Park Board as an extension to the site.