Clark Park is full of recreational opportunities, from tennis, basketball, and soccer to paths that wind through a tranquil forest area. The park is crowned with an open field with views of sky, trees, and city.
Clark Park is the second oldest park in Vancouver (after Stanley Park) and the first to be donated to the Park Board. In 1889 Mr. E. J. Clark donated the land to the newly created park commission and, for some yet to be discovered reason, it was known as Buffalo Park. On July 26, 1911 the Park Board officially renamed this greenspace Clark Park.
Mr. E. J. Clark moved to Seattle and died there on July 23, 1942.